07 July 2010

The Mystery of Musk - Musk Nouveau

Musk Nouveau by Charna Ethier of Providence Perfume Co.




The inclusion of a natural isolate Phenyl Ethyl Acetate, in the top note lifted the perfume out of it's musky dark base and made it sing with bursts of lemon and sherry. I included black pepper to spice it up. The heart blended champaca, jasmine and aged beeswax with a musky sweet drydown of oud, angelica, coffee and amber.



Aged patchouli, angelica and oud add to this blend. The drydown is warm and slightly sweet & smoky. Musk Nouveau is a beautiful perfume.

one word: enchanting

The very first whiff of Musk Nouveau transported me to the wild. The tease of an animal scent is brief though. The perfume becomes something warm and sensual. Smoke and flowers. Very inviting. There's a faint fruity note in the background and although I am able to pick it out as a separate component it blends well with the other essences. After an hour or so the animalic aroma returns blending well with the rest of the composition.

As noted on Charna's blog:

2 comments:

Charna said...

Thank you for your review of Musk Nouveau Lisa. I never realized what hard work it is write about perfume until I tried to sit down and describe all 10 musk perfumes myself.
Thanks for checking out my blog.

Lisa Abdul-Quddus said...

Oh my gosh, I stressed so much hoping I could get the right words out LOL. It it hard work indeed.