15 November 2010

The Outlaws - Natural Perfumers Guild


'I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!'

This movie quote came to mind when I read about the next project announced today by the Natural Perfumers Guild. Yes, NPG is at it again. If you recall back in June-July perfumers of the NPG participated in a collective effort based on natural musk. I was lucky enough to have been able to participate as an evaluator/blogger. This time around I'm not evaluating but excitedly awaiting the reviews by other bloggers. This next NPG group project is all about taking a stand against the strict regulations imposed by IFRA & laws by EU. Many aromatics have been restricted or prohibited based on what may happen. Yes, there are some who are sensitive to certain natural essences but that doesn't mean everyone is or even will be at some point in the future. NPG stands behind the idea that a warning label is good enough to give consumers the choice to wear or not wear a natural perfume. I like this idea as well. What can I say? I'm a label reader anyway. To keep from going on a tangent about this subject I suggest you visit the links on the sidebar of articles written more eloquently than I could attempt.

OK, so what's this project all about? Outlaw Perfumes! NPG perfumers have blended compositions using natural essences that are on the list of restricted aromatics issued by IFRA. Check out the links below as participating bloggers will explain more.


Nine of the perfumers who participated in the Mystery of Musk project will be submitting perfumes for this one.

Adam Gottschalk – Lord’s Jester
Alfredo Dupetit – BioScent by dupetit
Anya McCoy – Anya’s Garden Perfumes
Charna Ethier – Providence Perfumes
Dawn Spencer Hurwitz – DSH Perfumes
Elise Pearlstine – Belly Flower Perfumes
Jane Cate - A Wing and a Prayer Perfumes
JoAnne Bassett – JoAnne Bassett Perfumes
Lisa Fong – Artemisia Perfume

Participating Bloggers:

No comments: