It has been very enlightening, to say the least, participating in the Mystery of Musk perfume project. First and foremost I have learned a LOT.
- I have gotten to know new-to-me essences and witnessed how those I am familiar with that I wouldn't have thought would blend well together can...well...blend well together.
- I've learned about nyctanthes abortristis and if my rational side overrides my impulsive side I won't try to grow one in my living room. :^D
- There are natural perfumers who I'm familiar with and have wanted to try their perfumes for some time. This gave me that opportunity.
- I was also introduced to other perfumers I wasn't familiar with.
- I learned that really reviewing someone else's work is hard.
- Several of the same raw materials were used by the majority of the perfumers yet each composition was so different from the others.
I really enjoyed reading some of the reviews posted so far. There are many varying opinions and impressions made. I tried not to read too many reviews before I posted my own so I have a lot of catching up to do.