04 November 2008

What A Day

To say I was a little worried about going to vote today would be an understatement. The truth is I had anxiety over it. Not because I didn't know who I wanted to vote for but rather because of all the news reports saying the lines would be longer than ever. Now I'm not the most patient person in the world so I was really stressing over this. I knew I had to vote but could I wait for hours to do it? I worked myself into a tension headache last night that carried over into the morning. I told myself that I'd be there no longer than 2 hours. That is all the time it would take. I wouldn't need any more time than that. And sure enough I stepped into line at 7:15 am and walked out just before 9:15 am, extremely happy. It was like a weight had been lifted. I still have a headache but I'm very relieved.
My husband brought to my attention that I helped 4 other people vote. He and my dad both voted absentee, which I tended to the minor details for them. Then I drove my sister and niece to vote. They, of course, walked in and out in less than 10 minutes. Go figure!

2 comments:

maturenatural said...

I also stood in line with my 14 y/o daughter for about 2 hours to vote. Not bad, especially with the beautiful weather we had today.

BlossomingTree said...

It was chilling when I went and of course I only wore a thin jacket lol. Well worth it though.