22 June 2008

Olfactory Training Begins Again


I've stepped away from my studies of natural essences for a short while. Now it's time to get back to work, continue to train my nose to become familiar with and be able to detect the wonderful scents of nature. Today I made a list of the oils I'll be studying over the next week or two. I'm already familiar with, and have blended with, each one but I feel the need to start back at the beginning. That's just something that I do.:)

The essences I've chosen to work with:
-Bergamot
-Vetiver (I love this stuff lol)
-Cloves
-Anise (fresh)
-Geranium
-Rosemary
-Tonka Bean abs
-Jasmine Sambac abs
-Elemi
-Citronella
-Peppermint

I'll add my notes as I go along.

6 comments:

lilyeden said...

these all sound so yummy! can't wait to check back in your shop and see what's comin!!

HA! Designs said...

Wow...
My favorite smell in the entire world is going for a walk on a wooded path a few weeks after all the trees have gotten their leaves and the scent of the blossoms, new leaves...not sure EXACTLY what plants I'm smelling but to be outside in the woods with that sweeeeeeet smelling freshness...ah...nothing better. Can you bottle THAT up? :o)

Dee's Digital Designs said...

Mmm, I bet the rosemary just smells devine!

BlossomingTree said...

lilyeden, thanks for visiting. I hope to make it an interesting read LOL.

ha! designs, doesn't that just make you feel great inside.

dee's digital designs, the oil of rosemary imo isn't as great as a fresh sprig but it does smell nice.:)

Elise of Argyle Whale said...

fresh anise is my favorite scent!

BeadNestDesigns said...

Oh my! This sounds so exciting and I look forward to hearing more. :)