05 May 2008

Meet...Callidora



Tell us a little about yourself
I am a homeschooling mom of 4. I am very active in my local homeschooling community. Crafting is my therapy and helps me cope with all the craziness in my life. I have been crafting most of my life. While I lived in Arizona, I had my own tailoring business. Some of my creations included wedding gowns and evening wear, as well as business casual or Sunday dress. Along with sewing, I love to knit! I crochet a bit, but I love knitting more or something that combines both. I also dabble in jewelry a bit. I have to many pokers in the fire for sure!

How long have you been crafting and what made you decide to sell?
I've been sewing since I was 13; crocheting since I was 5; knitting and jewelry making for the last couple of years. I also used to do tole painting, but my husband said it was too much and that I'd better give something up!

What inspires you to create?
Colors! I see colors of fabric or yarn and I think "that would look great as a skirt! Or a purse!" Also, a need - if a birthday or holiday is coming up, I try to create based on that theme.

How do you organize your time?
I sometimes feel like I don't! 3 days a week, I dedicate the full day to crafting. I check my emails and shop morning, noon, and night. In between, I homeschool or work on new designs.

How do you promote your work and where can we find it?
I promote my work through giveaways on my blog and other people's blogs. I blog :) I have my info in my email signature and I participate in Etsy Teams. Right now, you can find my work on Etsy and you can custom order through my blog as well.

What are your business plans for the remainder of 2008?
I am actually in the process of opening my own online store. I plan to do some local craft fairs and I am starting a line of modest clothing for women and girls.

Keep up with Callidora by visiting:
http://tlcsays.blogspot.com

No comments: